Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ubuntu? YOU SUCK!


For previous upgrades of Ubuntu LTS releases, I decided to go ahead quickly. After all, an LTS release means that it's more likely stable or more stable than the the x.10 releases.

Well - that's what I thought.

Some sour experiences of being an early adopter caused me to take my time in choosing to upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 for my workstation. I waited about a month. There were still rather too many fuck-ups, I mean "upgrade issues", for my tastes. Most of it was OK, but promises like "supports iPhone out of the box" turned out to be 100% A-Grade, pure-n-tee bullshit. OS released in April and it still does not support iPhone sync out of the or even with modifications and it is nearly time for the 10.10 release.

Ubuntu? Are you sure it's not South African dialect for "bullshit"? After all, "Microsoft" is Seattle-ese for "we lie, and how!", in general opinion, isn't it? Let's not even go anywhere near what we can interpret from those 'fine' folks from Cupertino. The only thing that differs is how much these fuckers pay each other and one another.

Why do I say Ubuntu sucks? Because the 10.04 LTS release tramples all over the ISPConfig install from the previous LTS release.

It does not merely trample over it. It tramples on it. It digs it in deeper. It adds new sod. And then it pisses on its grave. In my experience.

The only escape, the only repair is a complete reinstallation of ISPConfig.

If you don't know of the excellent references at 'Perfect Server', then I suggest you attempt to expand your Google-fu.

Grace, and good luck to you!

Cheers - TheTechnoHippie.

No comments:

Post a Comment